The Perfect Steak
- Pull the steaks out of the fridge 20 minutes before you want to cook them.
- Give them a good seasoning (we recommend Cornish Sea Salt) and a light coat of olive oil.
- Get the pan on high heat (we like a cast iron griddle, but a frying pan works just fine).
- Sear for two and a half minutes on both sides for thinner steaks – add approx. 30 seconds/ 1 minute more for thicker depending on how well-done you like it.
- Adding some fresh thyme and whole garlic cloves works well, as does a knob of butter to melt on the top when the steak is sizzling away.
- Rest for a few minutes out of the pan and serve.