At Trefrawl, we farm high-quality, high-welfare, pedigree and rare-breed cattle, sheep and pigs.
We also farm several acres of cereals on a four-year crop rotation.
Trefrawl Farm has been our home for over fifteen years.
It’s our way of life, our passion and commitment.
Ed & Nic
We’re farming for the future with our ecosystem firmly in mind.
We feed our livestock what we grow and are as self-sustaining with our inputs as possible.
Focussing on soil health and carbon sequestration, we’re on a mission to reduce our chemical inputs and maintain our soil health and biology through:
- Poly cropping cereal fields to improve soil health and add diversity
- Using cover crop to replenish nutrients in the soil and provide habitats for small mammals
- Applying a sugar source to our fields to help stimulate soil microbes
- Implementing min-till where possible
- And operating a five year crop-rotation scheme.
- We also have a natural spring which provides water for our farm, and solar panels which help to power us.